Data.gov.sg was first launched in 2011 as the government's one-stop portal to its publicly-available datasets from 70 public agencies. To date, more than 100 apps have been created using the government’s open data.
The new data.gov.sg, now in public beta, goes beyond being a data repository. It aims to make government data relevant and understandable to the public, through the active use of charts and articles.
We are actively working on new features and enhancements. We would like to invite feedback from members of the public on how we can further improve data.gov.sg and provide a better user experience for all.
The aims of this portal include:
- Provide one-stop access to the government’s publicly-available data
- Communicate government data and analysis through visualisations and articles
- Create value by catalysing application development
- Facilitate analysis and research
This website is an initiative by the Ministry of Finance and is managed by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore.
Data Sharing Principles
The following data sharing principles aim to guide the Government agencies' Open Data efforts.
- Data shall be made easily accessible
- Data shall be made available for co-creation
- Data shall be released in a timely manner
- Data shall be shared in machine-readable format
- Data shall be as raw as possible
As we are still beta testing the new site, some datasets may not yet be ported over from the previous site. To keep access to this data we are maintaining the old site at ref.data.gov.sg. If you are unable to find a previously listed dataset on the current site, you can still access it there.
Help Us Improve
Have some feedback regarding the beta site or can't find the dataset that you are looking for?
Email us at [email protected].